Re: check engine light/warrany info UPDATE

From: Erik Bush (thebeerdawg@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Aug 10 1999 - 23:22:10 EDT

i finally got the code reader thing to work and it's
spitting out a code 21. the fun part is, i have like
200 miles left on my warranty and they can't take it
in til monday (i also live about 60 miles from work)
so i've got it parked and borrowing a car til monday
(cars suck btw, if you have a truck, don't bother
attempting to buy a car afterwards). i fed the 21 into
the dml code reader, and it gave me some O2 sensor
stuff. so i'm just gonna let the dealer deal with it
this time, Palmer Dodge in Roswell, GA has come with
top rating from a variety of sources. i'm still kinda
fuzzy on the air intake tho, but if they give me any
problems i'll just switch it out for the stock and
pretend i've never been there before when i take it
back. *grin*

~erik

--- Derek Brooks <DEREK00@prodigy.net> wrote:
> if i remember right a lot of cars and trucks are set
> up to have the
> matinence requiered light come on just befor its
> out of miles on the
> warrenty the problem is finding the reset button
> they usualy hide it in or
> around the dash somewhere or maby glovebox and
> usualy all that is involved
> in reseting it is holding the button down with a pen
> or something of that
> nature for a few seconds if this is the case then
> you will problebly have to
> do it again in the same amount of miles you have on
> it now.

===
-----