Dak-1 Mercedes-0

From: Chuck & Loreen (clrobbins@home.com)
Date: Wed Aug 11 1999 - 16:26:55 EDT

    Well, I finally laid down my first "official" spank
yesterday. I was at a red light with a 4 door Mercedes 300
something or other when he looked over and smiled, revving
his engine a little. I'm not sure what he had, but it sounded like
a sixer.
    The light turned green and we both launched together. I could
see out of the corner of my eye that he was speed shifting (manual).
By the time I was in third gear I had about a full length on him. By
the time I was ready to shift to 5th, (83mph 4400rpm) I had about
three lengths on him. After I shifted into 5th and accelerated a bit more
(we were on 2 lane divided highway) I could see that the Mercedes
pulled into the left lane. He then flashed his high beams as if to say
"good job". I gave a couple of taps on the brakes to say "thanks". That
was the last I saw of him. I continued at my normal cruising speed and
he backed off a little.
    I have no idea what that Mercedes had for an engine, but I know it
wasn't diesel. Regardless, it felt pretty good knowing that my American
built sixer beat out Germany's finest. I couldn't wait to get home to brag
about the spank to my Mrs.
    On a related note, when the Rpm's reached 4400-4600, it sounded like
the engine was starved for air. It really started working with no
improvement
in acceleration. I was wondering if my engine still needs to be broken in a
bit
more (6070 miles) or if there is something else I need to do. My Dak's specs
are on the web page.
    Well, sorry it's so long. I just wanted to share my latest (and only)
spank.

Chuck in Cranston, RI
'99 Dak Sport V-6, 5spd, 2wd, RC
DML Digest Mode