Reed valves, TB stuff

From: Cale Henry Bargen (vencomatic@ameritech.net)
Date: Thu Aug 12 1999 - 08:34:57 EDT

I'm pretty sure those reed valves are used as a check valve against air
or air/fuel travelling backwards through the intake manifold and out the
TB bores. They use tham a lot on 2 strokes like dirt bikes,
snowmobiles, etc. I wonder if they would serve any value on a 200-400
cid 4 stroke V-8?
Cale Bargen