Re: Re: tricking the after cat 02 sensor???

From: Gary Shook (gary.shook@wcom.com)
Date: Thu Aug 12 1999 - 13:00:09 EDT

What the computer will look for in a OBD-II vehicle is for the post-Cat o2
sensor to switch from rich to lean (or vice-versa) LESS often than the
pre-cat o2 sensor.. how much less I don't know.. and it's conceiveable that
a large value resistor could fool the computer into thinking it switches
less, but I'm not sure what value it would take... I've heard of this
before, but can't remember where. My guess would be to start with a 1Mohm
1/4 watt and see what that does....

> i've just hollowed out my catalytic converter...does anyone know the
correct
> resistor to trick the computer into thinking the converter is still there
and
> operational???

If I remember correctly the O2 sensor changes Voltage between .0-1
(10ths)
of a volt, lean to rich or visa versa. I don't think a resistor will
suffice. Could be wrong tho.

GS -