Re: tire sizes

From: Erik Bush (thebeerdawg@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Aug 12 1999 - 21:29:21 EDT

yeah i kind of figured i could easily go wider, but i
want higher too. the 275/60s are wider, but not as
tall as the 235/70s i already have. i guess i have
15x8s cuz i do have 235/70s? i'll hafta go look later
to see if they are double spoked wheels. thanks for
the input guys.

~erik

--- "Ryan T. Grimes"
<rugbynut@mpdr0.chicago.il.ameritech.net> wrote:
> I got 'em on mine. Be prepared for them to stick
> out about 2 inches
> however. Really nice when you shoot water all over
> your windshield
> driving through puddles.
>
> >There are tons of guys running 275 60r 15 tires on
> there 97'-00' Dak's
> >equipted with 15x8 rims....... MIke Sype
> >98' SC 5.2ltr 5spd
> >
> >--- Bob Tom <tigers@bserv.com> wrote:
> under a
> > > 2wd
> possible
> > >
> > > I do know that Dodge flatly advertises that the
> > > widest tire
> > > that you can put on a '97 4x2 is 235/70x15 on
> their
> > > 15x8 rims
> > > (the ones with the 'double' spokes).
> > >
> > > Biggest restriction is the location of the lower
> > > A-arm in relation
> > > to a tire on a 15" rim with the back-spacing
> that
> > > Dodge uses. The
> > > other restriction is with the tire being outside
> the
> > > wheel lip
> > > if you compensate with going with a different
> > > backspacing.
> > >
> > > BTW, you'll be changing your effective gear
> ratio.
> > > Please, please
> > > don't ask (just kidding).
> > >
> > > Hope this helps.
> > >
> > > Bob
> > > Burlington, Ontario
> > >
> > > '97 CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55, auto., 4x2, flame red

> >Bid and sell for free at http://auctions.yahoo.com
>
> Ryan T. Grimes
> Rugby-[CMG]
> Clan Mac Gaming

===
-----
Erik Bush
fisher@freewwweb.com
"sorry that you feel that way, the only thing there is to say. every silver lining's got a touch of grey.."