RE: IAT relocation - Update

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Fri Aug 13 1999 - 09:03:54 EDT

Well, I filled up my tank last night and will be driving around some more
for further MPG testing. It's little bit to early to tell with the mileage
but I can honestly say that the truck runs much better in the heat now. The
only problem I found is in the 95+ temperature (and with the engine already
warm), if you stop someplace and then restart the truck (about 10 - 15
minutes later) it seems to stumble a little bit for the first 10 - 20
seconds like it's getting too much fuel. (At least that's what it feels
like...kinda like when the old carbs were running too rich.) But it does go
away if you rev the engine a few times so i'm not too worried about it.
I'll get back to everyone on the MPG after this next tank is refilled again.

** No Check Engine Light either **

Bernd D. Ratsch
Pflugerville, TX
1997 Dodge Dakota SLT/CC - 2WD