RE:DML Motocycle yak...

From: Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com
Date: Fri Aug 13 1999 - 14:44:00 EDT

Sorry, no Dak content here. I won't post any more on the topic after this.

    Last I looked at Harley's was 3 years ago when I was first shopping for my
own motorcycle. I was very underimpressed with them. To me they were heavy,
didn't handle as well, and definitely weren't worth the money. As I said, I
bought the equivalent of a Sportster for less than half the cost and it had
options you couldn't even get on the Harley's. I looked at Honda, Harley (I
did like the Cafe racer though, very nice! But I'm not into the racing bikes),
Suzuki (almost got the Intruder, but it was low-tech like a Harley), Yamaha,
BMW and Kawasaki. If I had the money for a Harley, there'd be a BMW sitting
in the garage. There isn't a bike yet built to compare with the BMW's, the
Goldwing's come close, but not quite there. The quality, engineering, and
capabilities of the BMW's are incredible. I had to settle for the Kawasaki,
but the bike has never let me down, doesn't leak, and runs perfect. Very low
maintenance. If I weren't giving up motorcycles, I'd drive it all the time.
After nearly being clobbered a few times by spaced out drivers (and their damn
cell-phones), I'm getting rid of it.

Shaun H.