New 4.7 engine

From: Frank Johnson (frankwjohnson@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Aug 13 1999 - 16:31:01 EDT

Is anyone else that was planning on getting a new Dak concerned about the
problems that they're having with the new engine?
I really like the 318, maybe it was kinda an old engine but it was proven
reliable over the years. I mean they used this engine for soooooo long on
the Ram. I am just a little hesitant to pick a new Dak up with this engine
and ending up having it at the dealer's garage way too often.
New technology is great especially when you'll be saving 50 lbs (i think)
and gaining about 5 hp, but i would prefer to get the old guy that's almost
guaranteed to last a really, really long time.

Just my thoughts,

Frank WJ