Re: Re: New 4.7 engine

From: |< R |> (krp@netnitco.net)
Date: Sat Aug 14 1999 - 09:23:04 EDT

From: Kyper <kyper@bigfoot.com>
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: DML: Re: New 4.7 engine
Date sent: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 22:18:02 -0500
Send reply to: dakota-truck@buffnet.net

I would hardly call the addition of "Magnum" heads or fuel injection
totally different. The major castings and reciprocating parts
(internals) have been around since 1967, and fine tuned ever since.
Ask someone with a first gen Neon how many head gaskets they
have replaced, or a first gen LH owner how many A/C parts failed
multiple times. If it were my money I'd let someone else be the
guinea pig on the reliability issue for a new engine.