Re: DML Digest V4 #860

From: Drew Schofield (droopie@midsouth.rr.com)
Date: Sat Aug 14 1999 - 12:04:33 EDT

Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 00:49:51 EDT
From: Dester223@aol.com
Subject: Re: DML: Electrical Problems

HA!! new computer? they probably think we're stupid monkeys. I had the
same problem happen to my jet chip. Second time. I used a lil grease
around
the outter (male) connector and to date. been thru car washes. heavy
thunder
storms (what made it tick last time) and not a problem . just put a lil
lube grease on the outter connector edge and you're all set
- -Dester

<< "aw, it'll take about 50
 miles to relearn since that's a new computer."
<<Snip>>

Well, no, the PCM DID go out. I don't think the JET was bad, I took it, the
MSD and coil off the truck and it still wouldn't start...the dealer put a
new PCM on it and it runs ok...but my ABS light is on. Like I said, the
fuel guage still said almost 1/4 and the low fuel light was not on...so at
first I didn't suspect the truck was out of gas. I suspected the JET..but
that wasn't it. BUT, apparantly in disconnecting and cleaning connectors,
check the fuel pump relay and the auto shutdown relay...somehow the PCM got
shorted out.
Drew