RE: MSD Install and plugs

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Mon Aug 16 1999 - 13:10:28 EDT

Yes. On the '97's, you can gap the plugs up to .050". (I use that
setting.) As for the Bosch plugs, BIG NONO. MSD does not recommend using
any type of Platinum plug with the Multiple Spark systems. Some of us
found that out the hard way. Stick to either the Splitfire plugs or
Champion (or whatever you feel comfortable with).

At 11:54 AM 08/16/1999 -0500, you wrote:
>Forgive me if this questions is a repeat, but I just signed on! Does
>anybody have any recommendations as to a starting point for gapping
>plugs when using an MSD "Off Road" on a 97 V-8 4X4? I know that each
>individual application requires fine tuning by trial and error, but I'm
>just looking for a stating point!
>
>Secondly has anyone tried the Bosch Multi-point platinum Plugs? Are
>they compatible with the MSD?
>
>Thank you in advance

Bernd D. Ratsch
Pflugerville, TX