Re: MSD Install and plugs

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Mon Aug 16 1999 - 22:13:18 EDT

At 07:39 PM 8/16/99 EDT, you wrote:
>When i get my MSD im thinking of setting it to .050 or .55
>I have a 98 4x4 sport 318 w/ Leach headers, R+D TB, pacesetter
>catback, and a 14"x2.25" air cleaner. Which gap do you think
>is better for these mods? any other recommendations. Some good
>suggestions would save me some trial and error. THanks!!!!!!

I hope that the .55 was a typo. Did you mean .055?

With aftermarket ignition systems, all the performance literature
say to use the gap recommended by the particular aftermarket manufacturer.
Trouble is that what works on one engine doesn't necessarily mean it'll
work the same way on another. I don't know of any way except by trial
and error. I think that it's best to baseline your gap first with
their recommendation. Then, decide if you want to do trial and error.
It'll probably not be noticeable on the street ... only at the track.

Your mods suggest that you are performance oriented. If so, the
direction is to open the gap a bit. If economy oriented, the direction
is close the gap a bit.

Bob
Burlington, Ontario

'97 CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55, auto., 4x2, flame red