RE:was 4.10'S; now atten. Cory

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Tue Aug 17 1999 - 17:06:24 EDT

In a message dated 8/17/99 12:27:54 AM Central Daylight Time,
waterbody@yahoo.com writes:

<< Kyle;

 Just read your last reply post on was very curious about a couple of
 things. First, what is Amsoil? I am currently running a synthetic
 made by red ram within my diffs; I have had great success until now,
 but have an open mind about things. Second, what have you noticed for
 gains from the high flow?

 Could you give me a list of the tweeks you have done to your dak to
 date? I am just starting to tinker with mine, being that it is just
 broken in. >>

I have done plenty to my Dak, but as far as performance mods, not really that
many. I am not really into the performance aspect of my Dak, but of course
they are nice!
I concentrate more on function over fashion. Thing like what will help my Dak
run better, longer, stronger. How can I make my Dak the way I want it to be
and do the things I need it to do. What can I do to improve offroad
capabilities, especially in deer season. I have added a grill/brush guard
with Hella 6" 500 Driving Lights, wow these are great! CB in the overhead
console also works great. My tool box is pack full(really, it is full) of
offroad gear, tools, flashlights, shovel, and tons more. I think basic
maintenance is very important and keep up with ALL maintenance. At 108,300
miles, I think my Dak runs pretty damn good, scratch that, great!

On my Dak here is what I have:(What I guess I would consider performance)

Sealed up all the intake stock intake tube with clear silicon(no cold air can
leak out!)
Amsoil 2Stage Hi-Flo Air Filter, didnt see an 'increase'; only a drop in
replacement
MSD 6-Offroad Ignition(6470) with 8873 Wiring Kit
MSD 8.5MM Super Conductor Wires
Accel Super Coil
Borg Warner Select Brass Cap and Rotor
Champion Truck Plugs, .050 gap
I soon hope to pop on a B&F Throttle Body, and that will really cap the mods
off.
I might even buy a Gibson muffler and have it welded up.

Amsoil is a really good company Do a search using Amsoil and just look
through the various web sites........I run this in my front and rear diffs
(75W90). Compared to the thick nasty blue stock diff lube, this stuff is thin
and slippery, and has far better protection and improved flow rates at all
temp levels. I also run it in my transfer case. Amsoil is really the only
synthetic I trust and would put into my Dakota. Just my opinion. I have ran
Castrol 10W30 in my engine for 108,000 miles, and will continue to. Maybe
when I drop in a new V6 I will run switch over to Amsoil. Hope this helps,
let me know if you have any further questions.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6