Re: New CB Antenna Mount arrived.... (Attn: Kyle)

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Wed Aug 18 1999 - 10:01:51 EDT

In a message dated 8/18/99 7:05:03 AM Central Daylight Time,
fawcett@uism.bu.edu writes:

<< FWIW. I was told not to mount it in the same side as the radio antenna
due to
 interference probs... Don't know if that was true or not but I put mine on
the
 drivers side just in case. I think the hood mount setup looks good and is
nice
 and strong. >>

Ya know, I just emailed Firestik concerning this, as I thought it might be a
problem also, here is what they (promptly)responded with:

Proximity to other verticle objects will have some effect on the antenna
pattern.
I would recommend that you keep at least 12" between the tow antennas ... or
do
like I did on my truck ... put it on the drivers side. This keeps it out of
road
side tree branches and if you ever pull a trailer (I do) it will keep your
signal
from being blocked to on-coming traffic once the pass you in opposite
direction.

So looks like its going to be mounted on the driver's side now!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6