Ball Joint Replacement.

From: Jetmugg@aol.com
Date: Wed Aug 18 1999 - 10:36:16 EDT

My '92 has 120K miles and is slated for some front end improvements. (coil
spring spacers, poly sway bar bushings, end links) I think it's time to
replace the ball joints, also. How have others handled this task. Is it
best to take the entire control arms in and have the joints pressed out and
new ones pressed in, or is it possible to do it on the truck with a
rental-type tool for the balljoints. I am also considering changing to the
DayStar Polyurethane control arm bushings. Do these require an arbor press,
or are they a do-it yourself job?

SteveM.