Re: Re: Re: 318 - 360 engine difference

From: Bob King (k85go76@erols.com)
Date: Wed Aug 18 1999 - 18:43:38 EDT

This is pretty much what I want to do with mine. Except I want to have the
heads ported and install the MPI single plane intake manifold (had it
hanging around in the garage for a year), larger 24#/hr injectors, larger
(1/2") fuel lines and higher gph fuel pump and 1.6:1 roller rockers along
with Hughes cam that hopefully will have a HP/torque boost from 2100 - 5400
rpm. I have the headers (Thorley) and cat back 3" exhaust. I was thinking
that maybe I might have to go to a smaller exhaust (2-1/2"?) to get some of
the low end torque back once that big MPI single plane manifold is
installed. Any guesses as to the HP result with this setup? Also need a
'95 5.9 computer (OBD I). I'm looking for for sub 14 sec flat or slightly
under 1/4mile, strong mid - range and good top end (as I live on the
highway).
Thanks!
Bob K
Pennsville, NJ