Re: I love my R/T

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu Aug 19 1999 - 16:28:00 EDT

At 11:42 AM 8/19/99 -0600, you wrote:

> Original Reply --------------------------------------------------
>> Agree 110% with your description but why do R/T owners have such a
>> difficult time calling their trucks D A K O T A s? Remove the R/T
>> reference in your description and aren't you describing a Dakota?
  [snip]
>> '97 CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55, auto., 4x2, flame red
>
>Look above at your sig, you refer to "it" as a sport, not a DAKOTA Sport
>considering it's a dakota list, we all know they are Dak's, just
>differentiating between models, most folks describe them as Sport, Sport+,
>SLT, etc etc without actually saying DAKOTA. No harm in that.

I totally agree with your reply. My question was really directed
at the subject line of the original message and the reasons given
in the message. I had expected to see accolades about the 5.9L engine
and/or the 'tuned' suspension. Instead, as I wrote, the reasons given
would have applied to any Dakota.

BTW, my sig line has been deliberately shortened since I joined the list
last Sept. in order to save bandwidth. That, and your above comment,
is why Dakota does not appear (although there are a few Ram and
Durango owners on the list).

Bob
Burlington, Ontario

'97 CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55, auto., 4x2, flame red