RE: Bad CB Mount

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Thu Aug 19 1999 - 23:03:27 EDT

Picture this:

Ball Mount, Spring, and a (looked like) 4' - 5' fiberglass whip mounted on
the front/top part of the driver side fender (not on the hood
channel)...right smack dab on the fender. Basically, move your radio
antennae forward about 3 feet and put it on the driver's side...that was
REALLY "silly" looking.

I have my FireStik-2 mounted on a Quick-Connect/Spring Mount on the front of
the bedrail (in the middle behind the cab). Doesn't look funny, gets great
reception, and no problems with SWR (almost 1.0:1). I looked at the Mirror
Mount (nope...plastic mirrors), Bumper Mount (Nah...not me), Ball Mount
(didn't feel like drilling holes on the side of the truck), and Mag Mount
(not good unless it's Wilson-1000 or K-40 and it's leaves a "Doughnut Mark"
after a while).

- Bernd