Manual trannies

From: HEMI@charter.net
Date: Fri Aug 20 1999 - 08:49:31 EDT

Yes ,and the NV-4500 probably weighs a but-load more than the 3500 as well .

Actually , I talked to Alan Foxx at Ultimate Rides in El Paso , TX a couple
of days ago . I saw an article in the current Mopar Collector's Cuide where
his shop regularly installs Richmond 6-speeds in older Mopars like 'Cudas
and the like , he says they have done about 15 or so .

I asked about one for the R/T and he said yes , they could do it , but they
had never done it before , so it would take quite a while and cost a good
bit . As it stands , if you want them to install one in like a 440 'Cuda ,
it will cost you around $4500 . If I ever get about $5k for it , which will
probably be never , I am gonna give them a call .

Those damn SR-71 truck assholes would make it easy if they would just sell
all the parts to do it , but NO , you have to buy that whole stupid looking
truck for about $50k just to get the 6-Speed !!

At 04:18 PM 8/19/1999 -0600, you wrote:
>You can only get the 5.9L and 5-speed in a 2500 or 3500 series Ram... the
>1500 uses the same NV3500 transmission that the Dakota uses, but the
>2500/3500 uses the NV4500... it's a steel case rather than aluminum, and is
>built to handle the torque of the Cummins Diesel- 460 Lbs/Ft, If I recall..
>The NV4500 is considered among Jeepers to be the ultimate transmission...
>
>>What about the 5 speed they have mated to the 360 in the Ram?

Jack Hilton III

Black 1998 Dodge Dakota R/T Club Cab

Charter Pipeline......the Next Wave.....

HEMI@charter.net

http://webpages.charter.net/hemi/jbd1.html