Re: T-Bar - raising front end on 92-96 dakota

From: Jon Smith (fast4x4@bellsouth.net)
Date: Fri Aug 20 1999 - 18:07:25 EDT

jack up the front end, and put on jackstands. Follow the t-bar from the
front axle back to where it mounts to the frame. Find a socket that will
fit that big bolt (13/16's??) MAKE SURE that you count the # of turns that
you make, and make the same # of turns for the opposing side. Make a few
turns at a time, i.e. 3 or 4, then let the truck down off the jackstands.
Jump up and down on the front bumper, this will allow it to settle.

A good idea would be to measure the ride hight before and after, this is
done (vehicle level) by measuring the distance from the ground to the top
center of the wheel well, or from the center of the tire to the top of the
wheel well. Make sure when it's all said and done, that you're not more
than 1" to 1.25ish" higher than stock. Go to high and you'll wear out CV
joints and wear the tires badly.
Jon Smith-------Raleigh,NC-------ICQ: 9720504
'95 318 auto CC 4x4 3.90 31" A/T's
JBA headers, dual glasspack, 14x3 FABM
F&B Stage I TB, MSD 8.5's, self-moded intake
MP SBEC, 180 degree thermo, ASP crank pulley,
16" Hayden elec. fan 0-60mph in 6.3