Re: RE: WRONG PULLEYS!!!

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Sun Aug 22 1999 - 19:06:45 EDT

In a message dated 8/21/99 8:12:17 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Rich.Wisotzkey@gsc.gte.com writes:

<< Patrick,
 Who manufactures your set of pullies? I didn't know there were more on the
 market than the March and ASP's. I'd be interested in looking them up
 myself, espsecially if they are machined better. Are they a 7-rib set also?
 Thanks.
 Rich - Ashburn, VA >>

I manufacture the pulleys. They're similar to March (7 rib, utilizes the
stock belt), only instead of using a clearcoat (which isn't very durable, and
could eventually wear off) our pullies are anodized hard. This allows us to
use lightweight aluminum (vs. steel), while still maintaining a durable
surface.

When something is anodized hard, the surface of the aluminum is actually
turned into aluminum oxide (to a certain depth... our spec) which is what
grinding wheels are made of ...

They carry the same performance/craftmanship gaurantee as my throttle bodies
as well. Not to mention the $149 price tag, which is a deal if you're
comparing it to other 3 pc sets CNC machined from a solid billet block of
aluminum...

ttyl
Patrick