Re: Re: Was Cowl Hoods - Now Header Heat

From: HEMI@charter.net
Date: Mon Aug 23 1999 - 13:58:13 EDT

At 12:57 PM 8/23/1999 -0500, you wrote:
>The old style headers (Non-Ceramacote) used to heat up quite a bit and when
>the header warp was installed, they would hold the heat and literally
>"cook" the metal to the point that it became brittle. (Old Steel headers).
>
>This shouldn't happen on the newer headers since they all use thicker metal.

Actually , I though that the problem with Header Wrap was that it heldin
the moisture when the headers cooled and that is what made them brittle .
Any help here guys ? I know that JBA says that Header Wrap will void the
warranty on the headers if you use it and they fail .

Jack Hilton

HEMI@charter.net