Re: DML- why header wrap causes failures.

From: Michael Clark (magnumv8@wt.net)
Date: Mon Aug 23 1999 - 06:29:12 EDT

>Hey,
>
>Thanks for all your responses on the header wrap subject
>Anthony

Take a look at this page: http://www.mikesdakota.com/html/dakota/thorley.html
and click on "HPC Ceramic Coating" You can see what wrap does to headers.
Luckily I got rid of the wrap before any permanent damage was done. Get your
headers ceramic coated. That was the best thing I've had done, and it does
work! Also I found that the wrap just didn't work for me. The level of heat
in the engine bay was about the same as far as I could tell. It took a few
minutes longer to get heated up, but the end result was about the same. And
it stayed hot longer than with the unwrapped headers.

---Mike, near Houston.--- http://www.mikesdakota.com
        '93 V8 4X2
Houston Area DML Meet Page
http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/downs/9221