RE: Exhaust Advice

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gsc.gte.com)
Date: Tue Aug 24 1999 - 13:20:02 EDT

Mike,
It all depends on what you want. You can save money initially by just
purchasing the muffler. No other cost, no other expense. You could install
a cat-back system. More initial cost, but it will last much longer, and
give you both an increase in gas mileage and power.

I replaced my stock exhaust with a cat-back system, and watched my gas
mileage take an instant 18% increase. I supposedly gained an additional
5-8hp to boot. This is on my '96 CC 318.

Weigh the differences and see where you stand. Good-luck.
Rich - Ashburn, VA