camshaft install

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Tue Aug 24 1999 - 23:52:33 EDT

Hello, DMLers
      I want to make my truck REALLY run and i think a cam change is what i'm
needing to do. With parts at 109 bucks. i think it's fairly cheap for a
raised RPM band... Okay, now here comes the problem. This is a 9 hour job
in the book for the dakotas and at 40 bucks an hour for labor, that comes to
about 360... I'm wanting to save that 360 and do it myself. What is all
needed in changing the cam? i know removal of all the accessories (belt,
pullyes, water pump, crank.) then the intake manifold. Valve covers??
does anyone have a write up on this or knows how to install one? please
advise me
-Dester