Re: Shaker Hood: clarification

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Wed Aug 25 1999 - 09:47:08 EDT

Seemed high to me until I read the post in reply to using the stock hood
and cutting a hole in it to accept the air scoop (without looking
Trottmann-esque). I suppose with the cost of that "alien spaceship-
looking" air scoop, the hood gaskets and the cutting and then the extra
bracing that Terry spoke about, it might be a fair retail price. I'm
surprised about the comments that the stock hood "fluttered around." I
realize the hole removes some of the structural rigidity, but that stock
hood is pretty stout ( at least on Gen's I & II).

One is getting more than a hood here and right now it has no competition
so both factors plus the additional labor will increase the price.

Richard in SA