Re: Street and performance?

From: KURTZ ERIC (erics5.9@home.com)
Date: Wed Aug 25 1999 - 20:45:10 EDT

> well, does a spacer period make a noticeable difference?

Simply, yes. BUT! Some, well, most mods make larger gains in
combination, rather than in its singular form. Like cams go great with
new rockers and springs. I believe that throttle bodies and/or throttle
body spacers are good, but they both are much better with intake work.
Then if you wanted to go further theres heads, headers and exhaust to
finish the puzzle for any breathing work you want.
  I shortened the runners in my intake and boxed in the plenum reducing
the size of my plenum. This all makes the air flow more direct and
forcefull as to where the system is stock. And seeing that air flows
more forcefully when it has a distance to travel down a tube. I created
one with my 1" riser. That actually increases my Plenum where it is
most useful, and boxing the plenum reduced it where it was actually
retarding it. Hence the icing on the cake. A ported and polished
throttle body. Rid stonehenge from your throttle body. Remove the
pillars of air damn and let the puppy flow!! Open up those ports and let
the monster breethe!! oops. =0) Sorry,
  Yeah, it works by itself. But there's always that potential for more!
Eric
  if you want pictures let me know