Glowing Red Headers?

From: Muscara, Anthony F (MuscaraAF@state.gov)
Date: Thu Aug 26 1999 - 10:03:33 EDT

Sorry to go back to this header topic again, but last night I was
jump-starting a friend's car with my truck, so I hooked the cables up and
revved it to a little below redline for a few seconds, on and off, to charge
up his battery... All that worked fine, but I noticed while I was doing this
my entire headers were glowing bright red, I could swear someone had
installed red neon lights under my hood. Looked really cool. They don't do
that under normal operation, at least not that I've noticed. Is this a
normal occurrence?

Thanks,
Anthony