Autocross in Houston this Sunday

From: bgbeaird@neosoft.com
Date: Thu Aug 26 1999 - 19:11:15 EDT

So that this announcement goes out so some can make plans, here goes:

This Sunday, the Houston SCCA is holding another of their monthly
autocrosses at the Hitchcock Blimp Base (now Grand Sport Speedway).
Registration starts at 7:30 a.m. and closes at 9:00 a.m., so be there
early. Because of the Texaco Grand Prix in September, this Sunday's
event will count as September's event.

The classes that most of the Dakotas would be in (F Stock and E Street
Prepared) runs/works in the morning. Our R/T runs ESP, because of the
headers. With a cat-back and/or alternate air intake system, you will
run ESP. If you have done a LOT to your truck and get bumped into C
Prepared, you will have to run/work in the afternoon, but you still have
to register/tech in the morning. The SCCA is working on fixing that
problem, but a solution is not there yet. Probably next year.

For more info and links to the course map, check out the SCCA's URL at;

http://www.houscca.com/solo2/solo.html

Let me know if you have any questions. Hope to see some Daks out there
this Sunday. You would be suprised how well a Dakota R/T handles!! :-)

Gene Beaird
98 Flame Red CC R/T (getting tailshaft seal leak fixed)
Houston, Texas