RE: Y-pipes

From: Mtbfed@aol.com
Date: Fri Aug 27 1999 - 00:32:44 EDT

Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 19:29:52 -0700
From: John Mautz <jmautz@home.com>
Subject: DML: RE: Y-pipes

Marc,

If I'm right (and I think I am) it wont work. I believe the 5.2 uses 2
2.25" pipes that mold into a 2.5" outlet to the cat-converter. The R/T
doesn't work this way. Instead it takes those 2.25" pipes and attaches them
directly to a dual 2.25" inlet cat-converter. Therefore, there is no
'y-pipe' on the R/T, just two standard pipes directly connected a single
dual-inlet cat.

John.

Thanks for the info John, guess I'll settle for a cat-back for now!
Marc
ps I'm still looking for someplace that sells a 3" tailpipe (w/o muffler).