Re: First Time at the Track

From: Michael Clark (magnumv8@wt.net)
Date: Fri Aug 27 1999 - 01:14:39 EDT

Way to go Noel! There's nothing like your first time at the track huh?

As far as your reaction times, you need to go on the third yellow, not the
green. My last time out I started going exactly when the third light comes
on and my rt's were in the 540's (500 is perfect). It just takes practice.
It will feel like you are leaving before you are suposed to, but when you
cut a good light you'd be surprised at how well you will do against your
oponent. Not only do you get a "jump" on them, but sometimes it will rattle
the other guy and he might smoke his tires off the line and then it's over
from there.

---Mike, near Houston.--- http://www.mikesdakota.com
        '93 V8 4X2
Houston Area DML Meet Page