RE: Subject: Anyone running 30lb injectors?

From: Holloway,Frank T (Frank.T.Holloway@KP.ORG)
Date: Fri Aug 27 1999 - 13:09:31 EDT

Rich,

Injector size should be predicated on how much HP you want to make and how
much air you can get into the engine. Virtually all injectors are flowed at
43 PSI fuel pressure. If you raise the pressure, you get more fuel for a
given injector pulse. You really don't want to take an injector much past a
duty cycle of approx. 80% or the injector stands a chance of locking.
Raising the pressure also tends to generate its own set of problems. Stock
injectors work fine with the stock intake track. My opinion, I prefer to go
with larger injectors instead of raising pressure (easier to tune at the
computer). If your goal is 350 - 400 HP and you can get the air that you
need, then 310 CC (30 lbs.) injectors is what you need. You don't need to
raise the pressure and the injectors will not see a duty cycle much higher
than 74%. The fuel maps will need to be changed especially at an idle (way
to rich if not changed)......

        Frank