Re: K&N Gen II for Canadians

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sat Aug 28 1999 - 17:54:38 EDT

At 01:51 PM 8/11/99 -0700, you wrote:
> Hi, all. I have access to K&N Gen II kits to fit 97+ V8 Dakotas, 5.2
> and 5.9s for $349. This isn't too bad of a price when you consider
> that it's $249 US and with the dollar at 67 cents, that works out to
> $373, plus shipping and GST, duty/customs hassles, etc. So, with 7%
> PST and 7% GST in taxes, it comes out to $398. Not cheap, but less
> expensive than getting it from the US. If we do a group buy, maybe I
> can get it down to $330 or something. I believe out of province
> people don't pay sales tax so, that would be 349 + 7% = $373. If
> anyone is interested, please email me at
> cniwranski@reid-crowther.com Chad Niwranski

Chad

Have you heard any e.t. performance figures with the Gen II?
I'd been trying to find out if anyone has gone to the track
and come up with something with it but nothing yet.

I think for that kind of money I'd want to see performance
times. BTW, that's is a good price in Canada. Best that I
can do is for the MP version ... $369 + 15% gst & pst.

TIA

Bob
Burlington, Ontario

'97 CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55, auto., 4x2, flame red