Re: Oil Change Intervals

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Mon Aug 30 1999 - 13:40:02 EDT

At 05:55 PM 8/29/99 , you wrote:
>My beloved Dak finally hit 3k today and I broke out the manual to see what
>the oil change interval was. 7500mi, wow.
>What's everyone's take on that?

Click and Clack (the Car Talk guys) say that today's oils are good enough
so that they recommend a 10K change interval. Personally, that's too long
for me. I use Mobile1 and a Mobile1 filter with 5K change intervals. Others
don't like to go that long even with synthetics and a long life filter. But
I've never heard of a 5K interval hurting anything. Until somebody shows me
evidence to the contrary (and does not have an ulterior motive like wanting
my money) I'm sticking with it.

Mike Crumley 97 V6 Auto
mail to: mcrumley@airmail.net

I went on a diet, swore off drinking and heavy eating, and in
fourteen days I had lost exactly two weeks.-Joe E. Lewis