Re: Advice:Tools needed for TB Work....

From: GS- (GSWillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 31 1999 - 06:12:14 EDT

<snip>
> Also, I dont want to really touch the bores, other that just polishing
> them up a bit, from the thottle plates up, nothing under them. I might even
> splurge for 4 TB bolts that don't have as tall of heads on them, almost
> countersunk bolts I guess. So, does is this ok for a fairly mild TB job?
> Anything else I might want to consider? Thanks alot in advance.
> Kyle
> 93 Dakota 4x4 V6; 109,000 miles

Sounds like a plan Kyle. My TB mods were to a 97 V6 and 98 V8. I'm not
sure about the 93 style TB. Your right on about not touching the bores.
If you decide to tackle it, find out from one of the pro's what MM bore
size they would suggest for your model and engine. Then take it to a
machine shop. You might be able to get a new shaft to replace the OEM
from a vendor on the DML. Good luck!

GS -