RE: Arizona Exhaust #

From: jbe@micron.net
Date: Wed Sep 01 1999 - 11:19:20 EDT

Ok, the phone number for Arizona Exhaust Fabricators is
602-415-9737 out of Phoenix

I spoke to them about their muffler design before ordering one.
They said the muffler is all baffled design (no packing). Indeed the
muffler is designed fairly well and is very long. I suppose this helps
reduce the nose it makes. It also has a straight pass through design
for optimal flow (albeit a split flow --single in dual out). The system
is
a 2 1/2" pipe size mandrel bent, but the muffler is 3" internally.

I found the kit to be of good quality and everything fit well although
the
instructions were non-existent - oh well. The kit came with required
clamps
and hangers although I had to buy two extra clamps to finish the job
due to mounting locations on the frame rail for hangers. The kit
installs easily taking
advantage of stock mounting brackets and such, the hard part was
tweaking the
pipe angle coming out the back to get them to match perfectly. Finally
got it to work
ok after about 2 hours of playing.

In case you were wondering, no I am not a salesman for them. I just
like to know what
I am buying. Livin' out here in Po-Dunk Boise, Idaho leaves plenty of
time for truck stuff :-)
ja