RE: 1999 PCM Baby!...

From: Densteadt, James (james.densteadt@eds.com)
Date: Wed Sep 01 1999 - 14:19:44 EDT

What about about the top end limiter!

-----Original Message-----
From: Pendleton, Dennis [mailto:Dennis.Pendleton@harrisgrp.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 1999 1:17 PM
To: 'Dakota Mailing List'
Subject: DML: 1999 PCM Baby!...

I just got off the phone with John McKragin (1-800-497-8740) at Earnhart
Dodge. Very nice guy, very professional, and a personality to boot. He
told me that he has received 12 voice mails from out of state in the last
couple hours and that ALL of them were about the new Dakota PCM's. He
returned my call within an hour.

I, of course, was asking about the new PCM for my '99 4X4 5.2L Auto and
mentioned that none of the dealers in the Oregon knew anything about them.
He wasn't surprised. He said to expect an extra 20-25 HP, an increase to
the rev limiter of about 1600 rpm's, and firmer/higher transmission shift
points. The distributor is in the packaging phase which he anticipated
taking a day or two, they will next-day it to him and then he will call me
when he had it and ship to me same the same day. $295.55 + tax (none in
Oregon) and $5.00 for shipping.

Part number for the 1999 4X4 5.2L Auto is: drum roll please..... P5007098

He also mentioned that the dealer would have to do the install because of
the VIN flash and that instructions for doing the flash would be included
with the PCM since most dealers know nothing about it.