RE: K&N Flow Rating Comparison

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Wed Sep 01 1999 - 19:08:44 EDT

One last key point here:

Both of the K&N Techs that I had spoken with stated that those "Velocity
Stack" K&N Filters actually flow LESS than a regular cone filter. (I
noticed this on my truck when I changed over to a regular cone.) The
farther that the inverted cone tip goes inward, the less air can properly
enter the filter. I asked why they make them and his response was "because
they look cool and the main market is the imports...but they don't help the
engines out one bit." (I admit, they look "racey" and I fell for this as
well. We learn from our mistakes.)

- Bernd