RE: Dynomax Exhaust

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Thu Sep 02 1999 - 20:04:01 EDT

> I need information on the Dynomax exhaust systems. Does the muffler have
> a stright through design or baffled. design. Is this a good exhaust
> system? The part # from Jegs is 289-17443 for the '92-'96 Dakota. The
> price is $99.99 which sounds to me like is garbage but I thought I'd
> ask. The only problem That I found out about it is that it's a single
> outlet 2 3/4" pipe. I don't mind the single outlet but from what i've
> been reading it seems that 3" is the way to go for a single outlet
> exhaust. How much performance difference would thier be between a 2 3/4"
> and a 3" exhaust? Would it even be any better than the stock exhaust?
> For those of you that have one do they have a good warrenty and does the
> exhaust seem like it's going to hold up (ie aluminized). I live in
> florida so there is no problem with slt just rain. Any help would be
> gratfully appreciated.

Well Jeff from first hand experience I like the Dynomax setup. Has a nice
sound, not too loud or too quiet. Definite much better than stock. The pipes
are made by Walker. Installation was easy(much easier than getting the old
exhaust off!). The pipes and mandrel bent. Neat thing is that the tailpipe
is long enough to meet the exhaust pipe. Keep the excess and with 2 clamps
and an adapter and you got a yourself a straight pipe for the track. If you
have a v6 then the setup is very good. I'm in Jersey so we have to drive in
all sorts of crummy weather. I haven't done the Winter thing yet with this
exhaust. It has survived a couple of Jersey downpours( you know the type,
seeacoupleofdropsonthewindshieldsoyoureachtoturnyourwipersonandthenitdowunpo
urslikesomeoneflushedthetoliet type storm), and the exhaust held up quite
well.

Greg
95 DSCC v6 5spd
Rahway NJ