New transfer case

From: emailskip@webtv.net
Date: Thu Sep 02 1999 - 21:58:57 EDT

I just got the Oct. issue of Car and Driver. There is an article about
the new Durango 4X4 SLT Plus, with the 4.7L. and the new transmission(45
RFE). They were impressed with many things (better MPG, better
acceleration, better tranny), but then said the following "The 45 RFE's
only drawback is that the redesigned transfer case eliminates the
two-wheel-drive mode." Has anyone heard about this, or know if it also
true for the Dakota? I'm going to buy a new Dakota soon, and was
thinking about ordering the full-time transfer case. I wonder if I will
even have a choice. Did someone say they have the 2000 catalog? Can you
let us know? Thanks.

Skip Goger
Gresham, Or
'91 4X4 V6 AUTO