Re: What kind of amp?

From: Erik Bush (thebeerdawg@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Sep 02 1999 - 23:00:40 EDT

i'm not a car audio expert or anything, but i am an
enthusiast of sorts. anyway, the problem with what you
are suggesting is that each speaker needs a certain
volume of air to work correctly. i know this because
i'm doing huge amounts of research on putting a sub in
my 97 RC to replace the bazooka tube. you can find
alot of info on RF subs on www.rockfordfosgate.com and
info on all kinda audio stuff at crutchfield's site. i
don't know what model subs you have so i can't tell
you the specifics, but i can tell you it's hard to put
that much volume (3 subs) in a box behind the seat of
a RC pickup. that's why most of those stealthboxes
that jl audio and mtx put out have an 8" or ~maybe~ 1
10". i'm not saying it's not possible, but i think 2
is all you Might be able to get, and you'll be giving
up a few clicks in your seat(s) for that. i had hifi
buys look at my truck, and to build a custom box to
hold one JL Audio 10" sub behind the passenger seat
i'll be giving up 3-4 clicks (moving the seat fwd).
i've been harrassing jl audio and mtx about a custom
box for the RC dakota since i've owned the truck, but
both say either "in progress" or "try back in a few
months". as for porting thru the bed, they suggested
that but it's $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to do the job right. as
far as amps go, rockford fosgate makes some killer
stuff (ie punch power series) which should run your
subs just fine. btw kicker makes a sub called the
solobaric which uses less air to make more bass. just
one more suggestion.

~erik

--- Dester223@aol.com wrote:
> In car audio. It's not what kinda amp do/should i
> run. It's how much you
> got?
> I can probably hook you up with a PPI amp that will
> power those like crazy.
> given the right amount of $$$
> -Dester
>

> << I traded my BMX bike for a couple of 10" fosgate
> punchs already in pickup
> style boxes. I already have a 10" regular fosgate,
> in no box. Is it possible
> to get 3 10" Fosgate in a box that will fit behind
> the seats of a reg. cab
> Dakota? Or should I port it through the bed, now
> that I have a cover? Also,
> what kind of amp(power/watts) should I run for just
> the 2 punch woofers? all
> three?
>
> Steven 2me
> http://www.smokindakota.com
> AOL IM = SmknDakTrk
> ICQ = 42763370

===
-----
Erik Bush
fisher@freewwweb.com
"sorry that you feel that way, the only thing there is to say. every silver lining's got a touch of grey.."