Re: Lowered my Dak/Attn: Bob Tom

From: Quiktruk99@aol.com
Date: Sat Sep 04 1999 - 23:05:34 EDT

Hey Bob,
   I think Ground Force makes 1" thru 3" blocks in cast iron( much stronger).
There's no adverse effect on pinion angle with a 2" drop, as the factory
suspension has more than that in leeway built into the pinion angle. They
have to account for the angle with a fully loaded bed, which can drop the
truck 3 or 4 inches.
   I got mine thru Summit for $45. Had to open up the spring pin holes
slightly, as they were machined a little tight. The 3" blocks are pre-angled
to correct the alignment, but you need drop-shocks at 3" BTW, mine's a 99
Black CC Sport+, V8 2wd auto. You can see my modest attempt at a web page at:
<A HREF="http://members.aol.com/quiktruk99/MYDAKOTA.html">My Dakota Page</A>
Hope this helps.

Kevin