Re: claybars

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Sun Sep 05 1999 - 10:12:08 EDT

Meguiar's makes a kit as does Mother's and a few others. It's basically a
very fine clay and some lubricant (ususally a detailing wax). After
washing the vehicle and drying it, you use the clay bar to remove the
various contaminants left on the surface. It is NOT to be used on tar,
though. Use a good tar solvent for that.

Take a look at Meguiar's web page. They have lots of detailing tips there
and will explain more about the clay bar system.