RE: RE: Sway bar link broken!

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Mon Sep 06 1999 - 23:48:17 EDT

Isn't your truck a '97 or '98? If it is...take it to the dealer because the
end links are not easy to find in the auto parts stores (and warranty work
anyway).

If you want, you can take some Vise Grips and put them on the end link
(middle)...set them really tight. Turn the bottom nut loose with a decent
size (length) ratchet (or just put an extension on it for more leverage) and
try it that way. (Good Old WD40 sometimes helps as well.) If the nut is an
aircraft style nut, heat it up so that the plastic melts...turn it while
it's hot though.

Whatever you do...do NOT take the sway bar off the vehicle. (No good for
handling let alone stability/safety.)

- Bernd