Sway bar link broken!

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Mon Sep 06 1999 - 21:50:57 EDT

God dangit! well, the other day, as i haul some stuff with the dakota. I
got on the tail gate and ERR!! i hear this kinda grinding sound up front.
So i get my dad out and he starts pushing up and down on the rear tailgate
while i'm out front trying to pin point the noise. Guess what? The sway bar
link to the a-arms??? is not too tight, it's just going up and down and
looks bent.. Now. I really don't haul stuff too often and i'm very cautious
with the dakota and speed bumps and curbs and stuff. WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED
TO IT? I've never taken it off road nor have gone curb hopping with my
friends. They are doin this to their 97 grand cherokees and jeep wranglers
and they have had NO trouble with their cars. Mine smells like lemon.
-Dester