Re: stripped oil drain plug..(WHAT SIZE ???)

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Mon Sep 06 1999 - 15:16:52 EDT

In a message dated 9/6/99 1:10:01 PM Central Daylight Time, Mst29@aol.com
writes:

<< Does anybody by chance know the size of the drain plugs on
 97-99 daks.
  I want to get a magnetic drainplug for my 98 4x4x sport 318. >>

I would suggest to stay away from them. I bought a magnetic one for my 93
Dakota, and didn't like it. I think mine was 1/2"-24 threads, and even
though the aftermarket one was the same specs as the stock plug, it just did
not fit, nor did it tighten up like the factory one. After 5,000 miles, it
also leaked. I noticed no metal accumulation on the magnitic tip either. I
even went as far as buying a magnetic oil filter strap to see it it actaully
traps metal, haha, it did not even stay on the oil fitler for more than 2
filter changes(6,000 miles). I wonder who has it stuck on the underneath side
of their vehocle??? Save some time and some cash, dont get one. If you want,
you can have mine; I still have it on the garage.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6; 109,000 miles