Re: stripped oil drain plug..

From: TREMAIN LYNNE (bmbl-b1@home.com)
Date: Sun Sep 05 1999 - 20:02:42 EDT

Mike
The drain plug might be a little tricky to get out, but once you have it
out a parts store should have an oversized self tapping plug to replace
the old one. If the old plug doesn't come out with a wrench or socket,
you could try vise grips and pull out on the plug as you turn it (this
trick just worked on my daughters car). Clamp the vise grips on the plug
if you need a little extra leverage slide a screw driver thru the jaws,
turn and pull. After about 1-2 turns it should come out the rest of the
way with a wrench.

Dave T.
99 Solar Yellow CC 4x4 5.2