4runners with hood scoops??

From: McKinney, John R. MHX (McKinJr@hpd.abbott.com)
Date: Tue Sep 07 1999 - 13:52:23 EDT

I'm sitting here looking out my window at work and this guy drives up in a
brand new Toyota 4runner, no plates yet and this thing has this goofy
looking hood scoop on it. It looks like a plain jane model, nothing
special. Everybody on my aisle was commenting on how out of place this big
hood scoop looks on this brand new 4Runner. Is there some special edition
supercharged 4Runner out, or is Toyota going ricey from the factory now??

John McKinney
98 Dakota 4X4 (sans hood scoop)