Checking it out! wRe: Re: TB/Manifold Opening....Hey BruceB check this out.

From: Blbridges@aol.com
Date: Tue Sep 07 1999 - 16:01:56 EDT

In a message dated 8/26/1999 3:04:52 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
erics5.9@home.com writes:

<< Don't you know sarcasim when you hear it! =) AND of course
> you don't remember a certain DML'er porting with the intake
> on....I'm not namin' any names......BRUCEB. Hahaha, Whatta
> guy. You new DML'ers don't try this at home, only Mr.B could
> do this and get away with it. >>
Hey Guys...
Just got back from a 4 day trip to Yosemite and Im now at my new job... I am
a free man... No funds, but a free man!.... My truck did survive the on-truck
manifold port matching (TB only, wouldnt try the ports to head config like
that, he he he... ) Didnt hurt it a bit... Not for the squeamish though...But
the manifold is now coming off anyhow! I have noticed that of all the TBs I
have seen, mine ( the ones off of my R/T) are always the dirtiest! Guess
what! Manifold cover plate leakage! Doesnt pass the PCV test...Always
thought my truck had more in it than it was giving! Its minor, but a great
oportunity to pop in a modified manifold ala Mopar Muscle/ Flometrics
reccomendations... As a side note, on my trip to Yosemite I got a whopping
16.2 MPG on one tank and a 15.77 on another! (R/T CC with an overly full bed
of camping gear covered by a tonneau and 500lbs of passengers (3)) Best
mileage yet! And we werent driving real gentle like either! It might be the
TB,but it wasnt a fair comparison. Gotta do a real study to figure this one
out! Also, the 52mm TB posts are interesting. Ive seen Martins and I like
the welded screws! Gives it an aerospace look! But the HP #s are very
similar to what Franks seen on the Dyno, so I guess I cant offer any counter
point. After my first track test way back in Dec98 we were leary of the big
TB/ stock motor combo! I think they can be made to work well though! But
your gas mileage will suffer! It must. Squeaking those extra ponies out of
the magnum is definitly an art. The $/HP ration must be considered for your
combo! If speed is all you crave, Get a pre '72 a body and slap a junkyard
440 into it... You will go fast. Im looking for the perfect match of
driveability and power (and hauling, dang those Chryco dudes). Im hoping the
manifold mods (beyond just fixing my leak) fit that bill. Anyhow, Im hoping
to be posting again (once in a while) and finally filling the last few TB
orders that I have had troubles with...I should have a website (rude and
crude) up by next week somewhere..
Bruce ("lost on the freeway again") Bridges