Re: Re: the airhorns...

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Tue Sep 07 1999 - 22:27:14 EDT

stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu writes:

<< > We remove em for 2 main reasons:
> 1. It looks nice and custom
> 2. the airhorns get mighty thin as you pull the angle for the new bores.
> they have a tendency to crack or break off during "wrenching". I hate to
> hear of busted product, so we try to avoid that kind of thing. also, a
> cracked horn that was "missed" could be an aluminum M&M for the motor
later... >>

Nice, custom looks don't mean better performance. I always said I could
remove them, it's no big deal (maybe an extra minute or so) once the TB is
bolted in the machine.

Secondly, the air horns on my TBs aren't that thin... nowhere near as thin as
F&B's Stage 2! We took this into consideration when making the prototypes,
because John did warn me about this.

BTW - They're on sale now ... $225 .... http://surf.to/rdperformance, while
it lasts.

they're still in stock, too. :-)